Marketplace like Amazon and Ebay are used by sellers & retailers all around the world to sell their products online. Selling on these platform offers a great opportunity considering their huge customer base and brand value. Images plays an important role while selling online and this post is all covers all Amazon Image guidelines to help you prepare your catalog images.
One of the most essential part of selling online is having images of your product you want to sell. While market place like Amazon and Ebay are used by sellers all around the world, they have set a certain guidelines for uploading product images on their website in order to maintain the consistency of their store.
Good Images are essential for Your Products ‘Success on Amazon’
The product image is an important marketing tool in an on-line store. When customer browses Amazon pages, Often The image draws them to consider your product. In other hand there are many choices for online trading, a good image can set your product apart from the others.
Lower Quality image turn away customers. An image presents all features of a product. A good quality image reinforces our customer to purchase a product. Every SKU (stock keeping unit) must have a main image.
Various Images Guidelines for Amazon Store
Types of Images on Amazon
In a catalog, Amazon has several images of each product to display. As a seller, it is in your interest to provide several high-resolution product images for your products so customers can take decisions to purchase your product. We can use four types of images to illustrate your products:
- The Base SKU main image, used for the product detail page (the page customers see when they search or browse the catalog). Only one main image is used per base product. The main image appears as a smaller representation of the full-size image on the product detail page; when customers click the smaller picture, the full-size picture appears in a pop-up window. You must supply a base main image.
- The Derived SKU main image, used to show a view of the product in the specific color for the given derived SKU. The main image for the derived SKU shows in the image pop-up window. Every derived SKU has just one main image, representing the derived product in the specified color. You must supply a derived main image for every color that you sell.
- Proxy images, used to show different angles of the product to help clarify use, detail, fabric, cut, or other ways to view the product, or to show related products. You can supply up to eight proxy images for each Base and derived SKU. The proxy image for a base product appears in the image pop-up window. If a customer clicks a specific color in the image pop-up window (for example, a yellow sample), then the pop-up window shows the proxy image for the “yellow” SKU.
- Swatches – used to show different available colors, fabrics, or other choices for products. You can supply one swatch (sample) per derived SKU. Samples display on the product detail page next to the name of the color.
There are basic standards for a new image:
- All color variation derived SKUs must have a main image representative of the specific color of the variation.
- Images uploaded must be at least 1001px on the longest side.
- In every product you can send up to 10 images – 1 main, 1 sample and 8 other images.
- Each image should be tightly cropped to retouch the customer’s ability to evaluate the item.
- Image backgrounds must be white, with the image being of high quality and truly representative of the product being sold. If image have white background the visibility is much higher compare to other background.
- Amazon accepts .TIFF, .GIF, .JPEG. But JPEG is more popular.
- Main images must be of a single product, not of stacks or multiple products.
- Proxy images can be of different angles or views, samples, etc., but the same quality and size standards must follow.
- Special Requirements for Cloths and Shoes
- In some categories, Amazon support image requirement. Please consult the Amazon Style Guides for the listing requirements for your category. Some of the requirements that we are aware of:
White Backgrounds on Cloths and Shoes – Image backgrounds must be white, with the image being of high quality and truly representative of the product being sold.
- Images on both Base and Derived Products in Cloths and Shoes – You must provide an image on the Base record in addition to an image on the derived record.
- Angled Shoe Image for Shoes – The shoe image must be provided, shot from the side and angled so that the buyer can see the full details of the shoe. Best practice is to have the shoe pointed to the left. Other views of the shoes, such as top-down and behind, may be provided as alternative images.
You can add Offer Level Image (Listing Photo) on your used electrical and electronic products. The image shows on the Amazon Offer Listing Page and helps to differentiate your offer. Amazon gives a facility to add the photo, Amazon Common Template and map the fields Main Offer Image and Offer Images for image of how this will appear.
- Remark: When planning your Template, you can also utilize the Condition Notes The text in this field will appear below the product condition and give you some extra space to describe the condition of your Used or Refurbished products.
Image Zoom Functionality
When you submit an image of at least 1,001 dpi, customers can zoom in on your product image on the detail page. This provides a detailed look at your product and may reduce returns and negative feedback.
You should use good quality product image to sale your product or get positive feedback from customers. If you don’t have a in house team then you hire best professional photo editing team to do best representation of your product on your eCommerce website or any other platform like eBay, Amazon etc.